Easy Tamale Pie
This is a quick easy and delicious dinner. Just top with sour cream and a little black olives & green onions. Serve with a salad on the side. Let me know what you think!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/4 ounces chili seasoning mix ( 1 packet)*
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 8 1/2 ounces corn muffin mix (like Jiffy brand)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef or turkey and drain fat.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix, tomato sauce and beans.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions.
- Spread batter over chili.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 35-40 minutes or until center is firm.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
*If you don’t have a chili mix, just add 1 Tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt.